Equipped with 3 precisely engineered ceramic filters, the BRID XXL air purifier is the perfect fit for big living rooms, open spaces, and offices.
BIRD's exclusive, multi-patented L.E.A.P. Technology doesn’t merely trap pollutants, it vaporizes them. Each ceramic filter is permanently bound with doped nano Titanium Dioxide (TiO2), which absorbs radiation from an expertly calibrated LED board and breaks apart the chemical bonds of the molecule. This process allows BRID to break down indoor pollutants like carbon monoxide, bacteria, allergens, VOCs, mold spores, and odors into harmless substances— unlike mechanical HEPA filters that simply collect dangerous substances and risk releasing them back into the air when they get over saturated.
The porosity of the ceramic filter increases the active surface, ensuring unprecedented efficiency for its size. Every BRID filter is designed to last upwards of 15 years, simply run them under standard tap water to bring them back to their original state.
Aircraft Grade Aluminum
9.8"L x 9.8"W x 12.6"H
— Warranty: Manufacturer's 1 Year
— Air Purifier
— Includes 3 Ceramic Filters
— Ideal For Big Living Rooms, Open Spaces, & Offices
— Optimal Coverage: 1000 sq ft
— Noise Level: 35-60dB
— Energy Consumption: 10W - 46.8W
— Power Source: 110/220V Wall Plug
CADR was developed by AHAM (Association of Producers of Domestic Appliances), in the early 80s, it outlines a method used to measure clean air output-speed. It also measures the ability of a device to reduce smoke, dust and pollen particles in a room.
Why CADR is no longer a suitable parameter to evaluate air purifiers
CADR was designed when air purifiers followed one principle: blocking pollutive particles that moved towards a filter by fan suction. To this day many different and new filtration technologies are available, as a result, we should distinguish the difference between filters which simply block particles that those such as BRID which destroy them.
CADR is not a suitable parameter because:
- It ONLY APPLIES TO PARTICLES (smoke, dust, pollen) and NOT GASES. Smoke particles, dust and pollen are NOT THE ONLY pollutants found in a domestic environment. Many other substances exist which pollute the air such as carbon monoxide, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), ozone, sulfur-oxide, nitrogen-oxide and other such substances which can not be counted as particles and are not measured by the CADR parameter.
- It only demonstrates the ability of a filter to block particles, but provides no information regarding how effective it is at destroying pollutants.
- The efficiency of the filter is calculated solely based on a single passage of air through the filter.
- A filter which blocks particles can become a habitat for bacterial cultures and molds, causing said pollutants to diffuse in the air, putting human health at risk.
- Even if the physical filters can stop large particles of pollen, smaller particles which cause allergies can often pass these filters and can be further diffused in the breathable air around the filter.
- CADR depends on the air-flow of the purifier. Paradoxically, a filter capable of
generic filtration slows the air-flow as it passes through, reducing the resulting
- It uses a 28.5 m^3 room, in which measurements are taken as the filter is in operation which does not take into account spontaneously decaying particles.
- CADR measures particles which are left in the air, not ones which have been trapped.
- Filters based on ionization technology tend to cause errors, ionization can cause particulate matter to stick to walls and pavements, as a result they remain in the room without being eliminated permanently from the breathable air.
Shipping Availability— Canada, USA
Shipping PolicyStandard Ground Shipping
Ships In3-5 weeks ⓘCOVID-19 Notice: Our shipping times may be longer than indicated as changing COVID-19 restrictions affect delivery services. Know that our fulfillment teams continue to send product daily as we take extra precautions to ensure their safety. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Return PolicyFinal sale, not eligible for return